Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Maths - Tia and Tom

 Hi guys today in Maths we were doing a small question on money, The question was "Tia and Tom are twins. Tia saves and Tom spends. Tom finds a $20 note on Sunday evening and spends $2 a day starting on Monday. Coincidentally Tia starts work on Monday and gets paid $2.50 a day. How long will it take for Tia to get more money than Tom"
You had to work in a group for this question either in a pair or in a 3, I decided to work with Carla on this because I always work with Carla. We thought that it would be easier for one of us to do Tia and one of us to do Tom. We started going all the way until we stopped and found out that we had nearly the same amount. We stopped on Friday where Tia had $12.50 and Tom had $10.
How we worked this out was just Carla took away 2 for each day 
And I had to add $2.50 a day because she makes that for each day. And that's how we each worked out the answer, on Friday she would make more money than Tom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.