Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Jet boats

 Hi, guys today in Te Ao Whanui we did some research on what inventions our reading group was named after. The reading group I'm in is the Jet Boats, which means we had to do some research about them.
There were a few questions we had to search up for the inventions like
Who invented it, When was it made, What's the purpose, how has it changed the world, and why did the inventor want to make it. After we did that we had to do a paragraph about it. Here is my paragraph and I hope you all enjoy it.


Jet boats were created by someone named Sir William (Bill) Hamilton, he made this during the early 1950s. Hamilton wanted to make the Jet Boats because he wanted a boat that could navigate the shallow fast-flowing rivers where he lived. There are a few purposes for the jet boat, mostly riding the waves, also it was found that the water jet is better than propellers.  Jet boats have changed the world mostly because tourism has gone up in countries that have Jet Boats. Jet boating New Zealand | Jet boats Tours | Shotover Jet


Hamilton's full name is Sir William (Bill) Hamilton 
To do the ton means to reach 100 mph
Some things that Hamilton invented were the Jetboat, waterwheel, and he started tinkering with a car.
Revolutionize means, is to change something radically or fundamentally.
I think that the Jetboat was a successful invention because people still use it.
Jetboats are used around the world as a tourism attraction.
Hamilton thought that an ancient Greek named Archimedes made the jetboat

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.