Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Te Ao Whanui - Pa Tuwatawata

 Hi, guys today in Te o Whanui we started reading a book for our group. After we read the book there were some questions that you had to answer. After you had done that you had to do a worksheet for the pa. Here is what I did and I hope you enjoy it.

The purpose of a Pa was they were built to protect their kainga, some Pa wasn't built for permanent use but often had food stores in them.
Some advantages Pa offered against the British Superpower were that there was a Double layer of palisades made from tree trunks and harakeke padding, an Underground rua connected by a network of tunnels, stepped trenches were 1.8 meters deep, trenches provided hidden firing positions. 
Some features of Pa is that it has houses, pits for storage, Storehouses, and lines of human-made stockades, 
Stockade is a barrier that is made out of wooden stakes that are built for defensive.
Earthworks are barriers and protections molded from the land.
Rangatira is a high-ranked person.
Pekerangi is kind of like a wall but not really its made out of thin manuka and tupakihi.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.