Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Reading comp - Suffrage Movement

 Hi, guys today in Te Ao Whanui I did another reading comp. There was some question on the slide you had to do as well as a creating task with 5 facts about Kate Sheppard. Here is what I did for both of them and I hope you enjoy it.

Only white own-landing men could vote. Kate Sheppard thought it was unfair for only men to be able to vote even though women were just as intelligent enough to vote. The suffrage movement made it for women to be able to vote in New Zealand. Australia was the second country to let women be able to vote. The first women MP was Elizabeth McCombs and she was elected in 1993. Kate Sheppard is on the $10 note.

Leadership Skills Tips (copy) on Biteable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.