Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Persuasive Writing - Clothes

 Hi, guys today in Te Ao Whanui we are doing persuasive writing. For this period we looked at doing the OREO plan. Using the OREO plan is figuring out what you're going to talk about which is an opinion, then giving a reason that backs up your opinion, an example for your reasoning, and your opinion once again at the end of your writing. Here is what I did for this and I hope you enjoy it.


Let's talk about clothes. Clothes were created around 114,000 or 30,000 years ago. The first article of clothing would most likely just be made out of fur, leather, leaves, or grass which would've to be draped or wrapped around the body. Think of how life would be without clothes? It would feel weird right? This is why I think you need clothes to survive.

 I think you should need clothes to survive because in freezing cold weather you could get hypothermia and possibly die. When it's raining hard you get saturated, clothes can prevent those two reasons I just gave you. When it's freezing cold you wear long-sleeved tops, cardigans, puffer jackets and more. When it is pouring down rain you wear a rain jacket which is waterproof. Even if the weather wasn't a problem going around not wearing clothes is illegal and you can get arrested. Also, you could get skin problems from not wearing clothes which is unhealthy.

Examples of why it is bad to walk around wearing no clothes are that you can get sunburnt from not wearing anything, you could also possibly get skin cancer, avoiding getting sunburnt is that you could just wear some clothes that don't show as much skin or put on sunscreen. When you are hot, you could just wear tank tops and shorts which prevent you from just walking around places naked. Cold? Just wear a jacket, pants, sweaters. As you can see from the few reasons I have given you and what I said in my introduction that you clearly can't live without clothes without getting skin problems, or even dying of different types of weathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.