Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Te Ao Whanui

 Hi, guys today in Te Ao Whanui we looked at a video called Kaupapa on the couch Get on the Waka! The video was basically just about wakas. Then had a small book to read which is Waka Tapu. We now have to do 3 tasks from a task board. It's kind of like a bingo board but instead, you can choose any task to do.  Here is the work I did and I hope you enjoy it.

Creative writing task 
Imagine you are on a Waka Tapu voyage across the pacific. Describe what it would have been like, hearing smelling, and seeing.

The sound of water splashing against wood fills my ears. I'm sitting down in the waka not really knowing what to do. Staring up at the bright blue sky, trying to make shapes out of many clouds that littered the sky. The water is a dark deep blue. The nice cool breeze makes my hair blow softly.  In the distance, I can see trees and land but we aren't going there. It would be nice though. The weird smell of saltwater fills my nostrils, this isn't a pleasant smell but I'll have to deal with it for the time being.

Words of feelings 

Happy - They are feeling happy because something good happened around them or they are just feeling happy.
Sad - They feel sad because something bad happened to them or someone that they care for.
Lonely - They feel lonely because there aren't people around them or they are being left out.
Angry - They feel angry because someone was being annoying.
Excited - They feel excited because something really good happened or they are excited that something is going to happen.





Traditional instrument 





Fast finisher Task 

The person who deserves recognization for this is the person who wrote it. The book was well written and explained most things.
Something that is getting in the way of this is the government.
In New Zealand, this would be a problem because there is not really a lot of Maori people who aren't out of the country.
We will know when this is acceptable when the government is allowing this to happen.
This is relevant to me and others because it is happening in our country.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.