Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Wananga - STEM

 Hi, guys today in Wananga we started looking at our next kete. Which is STEM. STEM can also be STEAM but they aren't sure if the A should be there or not. STEAM stands for Science Technology Engineering Art Maths. For today we started a small activity using A4 paper. You had to work in a group of 3 and try to cut the paper so you can fit through it. But you couldn't use tape nor could you use glue. You could cut it in any way you thought of just everyone in your group had to fit through it. I worked with Carla and Chelsea. We thought that we could just cut through the middle at first but that didn't work so we tried to think of other ways we could do it. We then thought of just going in a circle and cutting it so the paper was small lines, we used the whole paper so it would be pretty big so we could all just fit through it. 
If the paper was bigger it would've been easier to find a way to fit through.
If the paper was smaller it would be harder to find a way, but using the same way we did with the A4 paper you would still be able to do it.
If the cuts weren't as deep I feel like it would still be the same.
If the cuts were closer together the paper would be smaller and easier to break.
If the cuts were further apart the lines would be bigger and it wouldn't take as long to cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.