Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Student Summit

 Hi, guys today I went over to Hornby Primary School to present and do some workshops for the student summit. For the student summit, I presented with Carla on the website Canva. I was kind of nervous presenting because I don't really like to talk in front of others. Though it went pretty well with basically everyone sharing their posters and stuff they made to Miss Tozer. My favourite part of this would probably be watching people do the stop motion. The student summit was kind of boring since all of the workshops I did I quickly realized that I have done them before. The first one I did I didn't do though. While presenting it went surprisingly well and had more people in the classroom than I thought there would be.
If you don't know what the Student Summit is, it's when different schools from the same cluster come together in one place and share what they have been working on during the time. People get to choose what they want to present and then share it with other kids from different classes. Before you present it you have to make a slide or something else that explains what the website or tool you are sharing is, how to use it, give some examples of what to do and then the next day you o to a different school or stay at your own and present it. The two workshops that I did today was Coggle and Wedio. Wedio was we video, which I have used before so I didn't really learn much. Coggle was something that I haven't done before, Coggle was kind of weird but it was really simple to use.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexia

    I am so pleased you took on the challenge to go to the conference, speaking in public can be difficult but it seems like it went better than you thought! While the workshops may not have been challenging for you (as you are a very great digital learner) perhaps you learned more about yourself when presenting and how you can do it well with a bit of a push!

    I would be keen to see the slides that you and Carla presented about Canva. This could be something that you could have added to your blog post to make it more engaging for the reader and to show the extra work you did to prepare for the Student Summit!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.