Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Te Ao Whanui - Treasure Island - Tic Tac Toe

 Hi guys today in Te Ao Whanui I had to look at last weeks work since I was there the whole week since I was sick. What I was reading was something called Treasure island, after I finished the work there was a Tic Tac Toe board we had to do. Here is the work I did for the Tic Tac Toe and I hope you enjoy it.

Recount - The story you just read in your own words pick main events that happened 

There were terrified passengers and crew members watching the ship helplessly not knowing what to do, even though there ship was being thrown around in the sea. The ship was thrown into the entrance of a rocky cave , it was being forced further into the cave. They wanted to jump out in the water and swim to the boats, some decide to actually jump out of the boat and swim. They made it into a lifeboat but the lucky people who were on the lifeboat they looked terrified at their friends and family slowly sinking into the dark water. There were only fifteen survivors, they were rowing for three days trying to find a suitable place for them to survive. They searched for ways to make fire as well as trying to get food even though it would be super hard to do because there was fifteen people that they had to find food for on an island.
Eighteen months later a ship had come to save them. They were all saved, though two survivors went to go search for the treasure but it was never found.


Write a news paper article as if you were a reporting on the events 

General Grant,

Eighteen months ago General Grant crashed, no-one was sure that there would be any survivors, but news came in that a ship went out and saw some people around fifteen on an island which had an fire pit right in the middle. The boat that the people saw when they were on the island was Amherst. The survivors were saved but there was gold that was on that ship that wasn't recovered. No-one knows where this gold is, apparently there was eighty kilograms of gold from Australia's Victorian gold fields, though there had been rumors that there had been more than eighty kilograms of gold on this ship. 


Make a postcard as if you were stranded on the island







No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.