Pages

Monday, November 9, 2020

Playing To Win - Independent task

 Hi guys today in reading I have finished reading chapter 8 - 9, for our task we have some questions that w need to answer. We had to do these questions because there is no school on Friday and that means we don't have our discussion group that we always do. Here is my answer to the questions and I hope you guys enjoy reading this.

1. Denny has lots of responsibility's in his life, he helps his mum with fiances, has a job, he takes care of his sisters and is part of a team. Do you think these are reasonable responsibilities for a sixteen year old? Why or why not? I think this is a bit too much for a sixteen year old to do. Denny having a job and looking after his sister could be a good responsibility for him but helping his mum with fiances and also being apart of a team could over work him, he could be doing too much things and that could affect the way that he acts and how much sleep he gets. 

2.What responsibilities do you have in your life? How do you manage them and make sure you are completing everything you are trusted to do? Think about what you do at school and at home or in your spare time. Some responsibility that I have are just cleaning my room, doing the dishes, and sometimes helping my mother cook things. For school I don't have any responsibility just getting my work done at the right time.

3. Denny feels pressured to drink at the party, but he still says no. Why do you think the boys were pressuring him? Why do you think it is important to stand up for your beliefs? What values do you think he was showing by saying no to underage drinking? I think that the boys were pressuring him because they drink, if they didn't drink I don't think they would pressure him as much as they did. I think it is important to stand up to your beliefs because you shouldn't change what you believe in because someone else doesn't believe in it.  I think he is showing respect because he isn't drinking while he is currently underage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.