Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Mercury - Science

Hi guys today in science we are doing some research on Mercury and we were doing some questions. here the are you hope enjoy.
The main reason why Mercury lost most of its atmosphere is because there is something called the solar wind that  blew away most of Mercury's atmosphere away and it has low gravity and low mass.
This is the comparing of how close Mercury and the Earth is from the sun, The earth is 150 million km away from the sun and Mercury is 57.714 million km.
The mass on Mercury is way less than Earth, for an example is Earth has 1 mass then Mercury would have 0.055 on Mercury.
Not having an atmosphere affects the temperature on Mercury is that it can change which means it can dip as low as -290F ( -180C ), it can also be very hot. The good thing for having an atmosphere that it wont change from really really hot and really really cold.
* Bonus Question *
The name Mercury came from the Roman's and its named after the messengers for their gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.