Pages

Monday, March 22, 2021

Suffrage Paragraph

Hi guys today in reading my group has read the book The Fight to Vote, The Fight to Vote is a book about the Suffrage movement. Which is about the rights for women to vote. For the task we have to write a explanation paragraph about the movement. Here is my paragraph  and I hope you all enjoy.
 

The Woman's Suffrage Movement was about woman gaining the right to vote. Woman's Suffrage has happened for a long time I'm pretty sure it happens to some woman today. New Zealand was the first ever country to allow woman to vote, following after woman in different countries gained the right to vote. Some men had also shared the same option that woman should be able to vote. 
Kate Sheppard was one of the main people doing this, Kate Sheppard was the founding owner of WCTU. There was a petition that could be signed to ask woman to vote, Around 30,000 women signed the petition which was around quarter of the of the adult female population. When all of it was glued together the petition was 270 meters long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.