Pages

Friday, April 9, 2021

Culture Kete - Kiwiana

 Hi guys today in wananga we were finishing the stuff we did for the culture kete. Here is what I did for it


List 10 items that are classified as kiwiana

1. L&P 

2. Pavlova
3. Buzzy Pee

4. Paua Shell

5. Fish and Chips

6. Gum boots 

7. Kiwi bird

8. Weetbix 

9. Hokey Pokey Ice cream,

10. Lolly Cake


Does it matter if Kiwiana products aren’t made and produced in New Zealand?



I don’t think it really matters if the product is made in a different country, if it still

has something about New Zealand on it I think it still is a kiwi product.

The clothes and different types of plushies and souvenir’s when they get made in

different countries really doesn’t matter because it has something to do with New Zealand

on the different pieces.
For food it doesn’t matter as well, because there are some food

products that have been thought of in New Zealand and made in different countries.

Even if they are made in different countries it still doesn’t matter because it has

been given a name in New Zealand and it’s now Kiwiana. Heaps of countries do the same thing,

make something to do with their country but yet it is still produced and made somewhere else.



Advertising for something in kiwiana town
Welcome to Kiwiana town, kiwiana town is a town in New Zealand  filled with Kiwiana things.
In Kiwiana town there is a ed hillary walkway, when walking down the ed hillary walkway

there are display boxes filled with something to do with kiwiana. The boxes have different

types of themes inside, for example there is an anzac themed box, Buzzy Bee, Kiwi Slang,

Marmite, Aunt Daisy and etc.



5 comments:

  1. Hello Alexia, Leo here

    This is a really nice blog post I liked how you add things from New Zealand. Then you asked a why question witch was very nice. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alexia this is a good blog it has heaps of details and its really good maybe next time you could put them into paragraphs so it is easier to read but over all this is a good blog. Do you think you could have done anything better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alexia

    I like how you put a town that some people might not know about. Next time could you do a bigger blub about why we are doing cultural kete. Overall its good.

    - Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I like how you wrote this post and I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alexia, I like your blog it is really good, Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.