Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Lolly flavours mystery test

Aim - To taste different lollies and determine if the colour of the lolly indicates their flavour and how much the sour taste masks their flavour 

Hypothesis 
I think that some of the flavours will be easy to identify

Method 
1. Each person in the group will test two lollies
2. Each tester will be blind folded
3.Lolly will be placed on their tounge then chewed.
4. Once a flavour has been determined it will be recorded on the chart below using a scale of 1-5 to determine how easy it is to identify 



Lolly flavour

Lolly Colour

Does this sour taste mask the flavour?

Rating (1-5)

Lemon

Yellow

Yes

1

Raspberry

Red

Yes

2

Blackcurrant

Purple?

Yes

3

Orange

Orange

No

1

Lime

Green

Not really

3

Summary 
I don't think that the sour taste masks the flavour that much because after chewing for a bit the sour taste goes away and then the actual flavour of the gummy bear comes out.
For lime it was green it was kind of easy to say what it was but it tasted like lemon at the same time so I rated it a 3.
Orange was orange and the sour taste did not mask the flavour at all it was very easy to find out the flavour so I rated it a 1.
Raspberry was red and it was pretty east to know what is was yet the sour taste did mask it a little so I rated it a 2.



Class rating chart

Flavour

1

2

3

4

5

Lemon

2

2

4

0

3

Raspberry

3

0

2

5

2

Blackcurrant

1

1

1

2

4

Orange

1

3

2

2

2

Lime

1

0

1

2

2


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.