Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Gummy bear Osmosis

 Aim:

The aim is to find out what happens to Gummy Bears when we put them into different liquids.

Prediction:

I think that the Gummy Bear might absorb some of the liquids.

Method:
The method we are 

Equipment

  • Three solutions - water, sugar and salt

  • Four Gummy Bears of the same colour

  • Two Petri Dishes

  • Marker pen

  • Electronic Balance

  • Measuring Cylinder

  • Beaker

Steps

  1. Get your equipment.

  2. Label Petri dishes with DRY, WATER, SALT WATER, SUGAR WATER

  3. Weigh the Gummy Bears and record their weight on the Petri Dish.

  4. Add 40mL of the solution into the Petri dish.

5.46 - Gummy bear - Salt petri disc (Without liquid)
5.37 - Gummy bear - Water petri disc (Without liquid) 


Findings
:

Weight change

Water Absorbed by Gummy Bear


How many mL left in the petri dish?

Water Absorbed by Gummy Bear?

Why did the dry gummy bear lose weight?

Why did the normal water gummy bear absorb more water?

Why did the sugar water gummy bear absorb less water?

Osmosis - what does this word mean?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.