Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Reading - Week 8

 Hi guys today and yesterday we read a article called "Where does democracy come from" after we read that article we read another one about one out of the two people that we could read about which was Kamala Harris and Jacinda Arden. I chose to read about Kamala Harris. After you read that you would do a DLO on the person you read about. After that or before that you had a sheet to do. Here is my work and I hope you enjoy.





  1. In your own words, explain what the word Democracy means and the historical context. 

    The word democracy means the Power Of people, there is two words that were combined together to make the word democracy the two words are Demon and Kratos which are from greek. 2.Paragraph 7 explains the way the Pakeha government was first established in New Zealand. What are they referencing here and how do you know? 

    They are referencing the Treaty of Waitangi. They are referencing in the paragraph and it says that “A Governor (who represented a queen) ruled the country. But the settlers also thought this was unfair and wanted more influence.”  3.New Zealand has a democratic government which means the leaders are elected by the people through a vote every three years by citizens over the age of 18. Do you think this is fair? How else do you think we could decide on our political leaders? 

    In my opinion this is kind of fair but maybe the age should be lowered a bit but 18

    sounds right. Maybe they should let other people who move to New Zealand be able to vote instead of just people who are born in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.