Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Rainbow Paper

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.


Definition: Chromatography is a method of separating out materials from a mixture using a liquid.


Materials;


  1. Chromatography paper

  2. Water

  3. Test Tube

  4. Felt Pens

  5. Test Tube Rack


Process:


Step 1: Get the paper

Step 2:  Get your felt pens

Step 3: Get test tube 

Step 4: Put water in the test tube.

Step 5: Put a dot on the paper

Step 6: Put paper in water


Conclusion:

What colours changed the most? Blue 

How many new colours could you see? none

Which colour travelled the furthest? Pink and Blue


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.