Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Springbok Tour - Mirror image

 Hi, guys today in Nga Tangata we did some reading. My group read about the Springbok tour. We looked at 3 different stories. The story that is the main focus is called Mirror Image, Mirror image is a story on the Springbok Tour and showing two different points of view of two different girls around the same age. After reading the story we had to write a paragraph on the similarities in the point of view and the differences between the two. Also a small thing of why you think that the title is suitable for the story. Here is what I wrote and I hope you enjoy it. 

Some similarities between the point of view are that they both think that it is fair that people of different races are allowed to play. When

Meggie was walking to the stadium she wasn’t there to watch the game

but she was there to protest. Some differences between their point of view are that Meggie was protesting for other people, while Zodaw was at home watching the game with her father and her neighbour, even though she wasn’t that interested in rugby at all. Zodaw did see Meggie smile at the camera while she was walking away from the policemen.

Zodwa saw this and thought things were going to change for good.

Zodaw also lives in a different country than Meggie. I think that Mirror

Image is a suitable title for this book because it showed two different points of view that help see both sides, which kind of relates to the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.