Pages

Monday, August 30, 2021

Hurumanu - Reading

 Hi guys today I'm doing the work for reading. The book that I'm reading is called Four of a Kind, the book is about a team which has four boys in it, but they feel out of place since they see that here isn't any boys playing besides them. After you read the story there is some questions and vocab words you have to do. Here is the work I did for it and I hope you enjoy.


I think that the problem at the start of the story is that they are confused that there isn't any boys there besides them.
We find out that there is so much boys on the teams because the school couldn't find a rugby coach for that year so they went to netball.
The reaction to there being a few boys on the team is that people were staring, some laughed this was because Dayton had his shirt on backwards.
I think that the moral of this story is that anyone from any gender can play any sports they want, as well as even if there is a sport which is dominated by one gender you shouldn't be afraid to play that sport while being the opposite gender.
In my opinion I don't think that there is any boys or girls sports. If you look at most sports there will be a separate team for girls, boys, or its a mixed team. Also anyone can do any sport they want to despite their gender.

Vocab 

Spectators - Spectator means that they are watch someone or they are watching someone do something.
Gleamed - Gleamed means to shine brightly or to use it as someone smiling.
Radius - Radius is a way to describe length or an area.
Erratically - Erratically is a type of behavior which is something unpredictable or doing something fast or silly.
Whakama - Whakama means to be in shame or embarrassed 


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alexia

    Thanks so much for giving the reading a go this week and sharing your work! Your answers are great and you have some good details about the story.

    Keep up the nice work from home :)

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.