Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Upstander Actions

 Hi guys today in wananga we are doing some more task on Pink Shirt Day. The activity that we are doing is that we are getting an action and then we write a result to the action that you did to help that person. Here is the activity that I did I hope you enjoy.

Awhi/Support the person experiencing bullying  
Result -  I think that the result would be that if you watch the person being bullied and after you could tell them that you saw what happened and you can encourage them to tell a teacher and also help them and support them through out the period of time that they have been being bullied.

Distract - Interrupting the bullying in some type of way
Call it! - If you feel safe you can tell the person who is bullying someone that it isn't right.Leave and Act - If you don't feel safe to step in while the bullying is happening you can move away from the situation and later on you can ask the person who was being bullying if the want help.
Get some other help - Get some other help is when you support or help the person who is being bullied by getting help by other people a trusted adult or a teacher. 



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alexia

    Thanks for sharing your blog about Upstander Actions, you gave a great example for the first one, Awhi/Support.

    I would like to see your results for each of the other 4 actions that you listed as well. See if you can go back on Monday and add those details in!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.