Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Art - Blackout poetry

 Hi guys today in art we did blackout poetry. Blackout poetry is when you have a book, news paper or something that has writing on it, you choose a page you then circle or outline the words that you want and then it can make a poem out of the words you circled or outlined. During the first session of doing this we started off with doing some normal ones without drawings, during this session we drew something that linked with our poem. My experience with writing these poem's is that I found it really fun and I also found it really fun to draw something underneath my poems. I was feeling really happy to do this activity because I found it as a way for people to get their creativity out. My favourite poem out of all of them is the bird one on the end. Here is a picture of the poems that I did. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poetry Alexia and a well written blog post to go with it!

    I enjoyed the way you really took time to find key words that went well together to create a new piece of media. I love the photo ones, the bird and the wedding rings. You really excelled with this activity.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.