Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

War Letter To Family + Questions

Hi guys today in reading we are writing a letter to our (pretend) family as if we were a young boy who was in WW1. We watched a video about someones time in war after we watched the video. We also had to do some research about some questions that the teacher has put down. Here is my letter to my pretend family and my research hope you enjoy.

Questions
The soldiers fought in Gallipoli for eight months and the soldiers fought in Passchendaele for two weeks. The amount of soldiers that were wounded was 41 thousand and 18 thousand New Zealanders died. The outcome of the war was that the two countries that were participated in the war were that they singed a peace treaty.

Dear, Family 
I'm sorry that I have not responded or wrote a letter to you in a while. I have been busy training. In the bunker i'm in the walls around me are a rusted colour of brown, the floor is kind of muddy, its also cold, it also has a strong stench of blood, even though i'm in the bunker we had to drag and carry the injured people here so the nurses could heal us. In Gallipoli we landed in the wrong spot, they were above us on the cliffs. It was really bad but my friends and I are still alive the thing is that my friends and I are injured. Right now i'm sitting in bed writing this to you. I hope you are all well and also how are things going back there?. Anyways, I'll write a letter to you soon. Goodbye

Sincerely
____________

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.