Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The Gingerbread Man - Characterization

 Hi guys today in reading we watched a video on the tale "The Gingerbread Man", we now have some questions and stuff to do, here are my answer to what we had to do, hope you all enjoy.

The protagonist in the story would be the Gingerbread Man because the story is about him, and the antagonist would be the grandma that baked him because she was the first to run after him and try and eat him. The type of character that I think the Gingerbread Man is a static character because he basically stayed the same throughout the story. 

A Direct characterization is when the person tells you something about the character for an example i'm going to use one off the video and its about the old lady and the old man.
In the video he narrator says something along the lines of  "They were very lonely because they never had children" You could tell that they were lonely because the narrator said so.

Indirect characterization is when the person doesn't tell you what the person is feeling but you can tell by the actions or by something the person says. Here is an example of an indirect characterization about the Gingerbread Man. 
Instead of the narrator saying that he was really energetic, he just jumped out of the oven fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.