Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Reading - Novel

 Hi guys today in reading we started to pick which book that we wanted to read. I asked Mrs. Birtch to help me choose a book, the book she choose for me was "Playing To Win".
The first impression I got form the book was from the cover, from the cover I can see that it something to do with rugby, mainly because there is two boys on the front and a rugby ball, the book doesn't seem that too interesting from the cover. On the back of the book there is a description on what the book is about I found it interesting when it said "Todd came at me again. I ducked but this time he fell on me, clawing my face with his nails." that part made me confused on what was going on but it also made me want to know what was going to happen, the back confirms that it is about rugby and there is also some drama within the book.  One of the activities is where you open to a random page in the book and read it, I opened up to page 60, I found the page very confusing but also surprised, I found out from reading one line of the book is that someones brother is dead. The author of the book is a lady named Fleur Beale, she is a New Zealand teenage fiction author, it says that she is mostly known for one of her books that she wrote which is named "I am not Esther", Fleur Beale won the 2012 Storylines Margaret Mahy Medal, she also won an award for her story Fierce September in the section of young adult fiction. She is also from Inglewood which is a town in the north islands, she is also 75 years old. I think that the book is a fiction book because it isn't based on a true story, if it was it would've said so on the back somewhere. I predict that the book will be about two boys fighting over a the girl who's name was Alice and that Denny will make it into teh First Fifteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.