Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

Sadako And The Thousand Paper Cranes

Today we watched a video named "Sadako and the Thousand paper cranes". We have to answer some questions.

The girl in the video is named Sadako.
I think shes in heaven. I think shes in heaven because later on in the animation it has a little memorial of her.
I think she got there because she died.
I think she feels sad. She felt happy when she was riding a paper crane, but she was sad when she found out where she was and when she saw a house.
A paper crane represents the good.
Four facts about Sadako -
Sadako was an 11 year old girl living in Hiroshima.
Sadako got leukemia after a atomic bomb that dropped. ( The atomic bomb caused the leukemia )
Sadako died October 25, 1955 when she was 12.
Sadako folded over 1,300 paper cranes while she was in the hospital.
The CARR values I think Sadako showed while making paper cranes  is commitment, respect, and resilience.   
If I could choose a symbol of hope for the world in 2020 I think I would choose the Peace Sign.



1 comment:

  1. Great reflecting Alexia!

    I think you did a wonderful job interpreting the short film and made some great connections with the story of Sadako.

    Tomorrow you can work on the paper crane origami because you've finished your writing tasks. Great focus today on this blog, I'm very impressed!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.