Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Samoan Language Week

Today we watched a video on how to make and Umu. We also have to answer some questions so here they are.

An Umu is an above ground oven. It is used for cooking things. It is usually wrapped in banana leaves.
Traditional Samoan skills are probably taught from their parents.
I have experienced something similar to a Umu. Its called a Hangi. A Hangi is underground and the food is cooked in a pit.
Types of food cooked in Umu's are Fish (seafood), Pork, Taro, Bananas, Vegetables

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Alexia!

    You've been working really hard on your blogs this week, and there's lots of new things for your readers to look at! Well done.

    I like the way you've written your answers in a way that they flow into a nice paragraph. I can tell you were paying attention to the video and have learned something about traditional umu cooking!

    Next time maybe you could include a photo or a video to go with the work you are sharing?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.